Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS)
To make using Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) as simple as possible, you can dial 711 to be automatically connected to a TRS communications assistant. It is fast, functional, and free. Dialing 711, both voice and TTY-based TRS users can initiate a call from any telephone, anywhere in the United States, without having to remember and dial a ten-digit access number.
• Tap the “Settings” app.
• Tap “General” from the “Settings” menu.
• Tap “Accessibility” from the “General” menu.
• Select “TTY”.
• Select if you will use the built-in “Software TTY” or if you will attach an external device through “Hardware TTY.”
• Exit to the home screen.
• Select “Phone.”
• Select the person you want to call.
• When the call screen opens, tap the “TTY” button.
• Type the message you would like to send to begin the call.
• Select the “Applications” tab.
• Select the “Settings” application.
• Select “Call” from the “Settings” application.
• Select “TTY mode” from the “Call” menu.
• Select the desired TTY mode (TTY Off, TTY Full, TTY HCO, TTY VCO, which are three different types of TTY I discussed in the previous section).
• Tap back to the main menu to make a call. You can now select whether you want to make the call normally or using the selected TTY mode.