Can I download my statement information into Quicken, Microsoft Money or an Excel spreadsheet?
How can I ensure a successful Mobile Deposit?
- Endorse the back of your check by signing your name and write phrase: For Mobile Deposit Only at South Shore Bank*
- When prompted, enter the check amount carefully to ensure it matches your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking photos.
- Keep the check within the camera view-finder screen and be sure that all four corners are visible.
- Include as little surrounding check area as possible.
- Place your check on a solid, dark background before taking your photo.
- Be sure to keep your phone flat and steady when taking your photo.
- Confirm that a) the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit, and b) the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
*With the new indemnity provision of Federal Regulation CC, this step must be completed. South Shore Bank reserves the right to decline any deposit that is not properly endorsed.
How can I get a copy of a check?
Please view your account online and select the check number you’d like to view or call our Client Information Center at 781.682.3715 and a copy can be retrieved.
How do I sign-up for Bill Payment?
To sign up for Bill Payment, you first must be enrolled in our Online Banking service. ENROLL NOW! Once enrolled, just log into Online Banking and select the Bill Payment link.
How safe are my deposits?
What if I've lost my ATM or debit card and need a replacement?
If you lose your ATM or debit card, contact us immediately to cancel your card and request a new one. Or if you have Mobile Banking with Manage My Cards or utilize the CardValet® App, you can turn off the card yourself, then call us!
During business hours, please contact our Client Information Center at (781) 682-3715. After business hours, please call (800) 554-8969.
What is Check 21?
A federal law, known as Check 21, makes it easier for banks to electronically transfer check images instead of physically transferring paper checks in order to make check processing faster and more efficient. Instead of receiving cancelled checks with your monthly statement, you will receive images of your cancelled checks.
What is Check Imaging?
What is the bank's routing number?
Where can I learn about Online Security and Identity Theft Prevention?
You can learn about Privacy, Online Security and Identity Theft Prevention at our Privacy and Security page.