Does Mobile Banking require any software to be loaded into the phone?
Phones using SMS text and Mobile Browser services do not require any software to be loaded to the individual device.
How can I ensure a successful Mobile Deposit?
- Endorse the back of your check by signing your name and write phrase: For Mobile Deposit Only at South Shore Bank*
- When prompted, enter the check amount carefully to ensure it matches your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking photos.
- Keep the check within the camera view-finder screen and be sure that all four corners are visible.
- Include as little surrounding check area as possible.
- Place your check on a solid, dark background before taking your photo.
- Be sure to keep your phone flat and steady when taking your photo.
- Confirm that a) the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit, and b) the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
*With the new indemnity provision of Federal Regulation CC, this step must be completed. South Shore Bank reserves the right to decline any deposit that is not properly endorsed.
How do I enable mobile alerts?
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
Is Bill Pay available through Mobile Banking?
Is there a cost to use Mobile Banking?
What do I need to do if I upgrade or change my phone for the APP option?
Simply access the Apple iTunes® App Store or Google® Play Store – search ‘South Shore Bank’ - and download!
The screen will automatically walk you through the registration process, which requires the following:
- Enter your existing Retail Online User ID and Password
- Choose/ answer a challenge question
- Accept the Terms & Conditions for Mobile Banking
What is Mobile Banking?
What phones are supported for Mobile Banking?
Virtually most cell phones can use the SMS service, even many prepaid cell phones. As long as the phone is capable of sending and receiving SMS text messages (and the service plan supports text messaging), account balances and transaction histories are available. Reply HELP to 48179 for help. Reply STOP to 48179 to cancel. Message and data rates may apply.
Phones with internet access and a browser that supports xhtml pages can use Mobile Browser services. Mobile Browser is the most common means of accessing accounts from a mobile phone. Using Mobile Browser services requires no phone-based software beyond a compatible web browser.
Users with smart phones (such as the Apple® iPhone® or Google® Phones) also have the option of downloading South Shore Bank's full featured APP (application) that takes advantage of the enhanced features found in their devices. This downloaded software gives the user account access through APP services. Download for phone and notebook devices are available for both consumer and Business clients in the Apple® iTunes Store or the Google® Play Store.
What services are available with Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking allows the following types of services from virtually any phone with text capabilities:
- View account balances
- View recent transaction history
- Receive “Alerts” on banking transactions
Web enabled phones using Mobile Browser services and smart phones using the iPhone® APP or Google® APP (application), can also
- Transfer funds between accounts at the financial institution
- Make loan payments or advances
- Pay bills, plus view and modify pending payments
- Find the nearest branch or ATM